Music at St Silas Primary School
Music is taught right through from Reception to Year 6 at our school.
Children at Reception age engage in a range of musical activities, including:
- Performing songs vocally and experimenting using their voice as an instrument.
- Experimenting making sounds by using their body as percussion.
- Playing un-tuned instruments independently and as part of a group composition.
At Key Stage 1 and 2 children are taught about the inter-related dimensions of music and how to use them when:
- Singing songs and experimenting with their voices
- Playing tuned and un-tuned instruments musically
- Composing music for a range of purposes.
Here is a link to our music blog page: